Why should you attend?
During this full-day event, you will learn about how to use CFD in practical applications. You will be guided through the stages that are necessary to set up your own CFD model and will see how CFD can contribute to the understanding of the flow in critical nozzles.
- Sebastian Weiss, PTB
- Sonja Schmelter, PTB
- Jiri Polansky, MECAS ESI
· Date: Thursday, 15 June 2023
· Welcome: 08:45 - 09:00 CEST
· Time: 09:00 - 15:30 CEST
· Place: On-site @ RISE, the Swedish National Metrology Institute, Borås, and online @ Microsoft Teams
· Cost: free of charge
· Registration will be available from 7 May 2023 – please visit https://www.ri.se/en/news/calendar/methyinfra-workshop.
+ join the stakeholder workshop on 14 June 2023 (link)
Agenda see "Related Files" below
Session 1: Introduction
· General introduction to OpenFOAM
Session 2: CFD for Critical Flow Venturi Nozzles
· Challenges, approaches, and results
Session 3: Tutorial
· Case of a Critical Flow Venturi Nozzle
· From Adjusting the mesh to visualising the flow field
+ download the code from the tutorial case for your own use
Session 4: Closing the meeting